Date: 19.10.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 570
Online-essay-service.bitrixtemplates.com #Thesis index

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Thesis index

Thesis index

Mar/Fri/2018 | Uncategorized

Dissertation Help: How to format your Table of Contents

ClinicalPsychologyStudent.com: This video is part of our video series on technology. It demonstrates how to format your Table of

Картинки по запросу thesis index

Thesis index

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
Writing - Is index required for a PhD thesis? - Academia Stack Exchange

SAT / ACT Prep Online Guides and thesis index Tips. I Write A Conclusion Essay! The DBQ, or document-based-question, is a somewhat unusually-formatted timed essay on thesis the AP History Exams: AP US History, AP European History, and homewrok help AP World History. Because of its unfamiliarity, many students are at a loss as to thesis how to even prepare, let alone how to i write for an write a successful essay on test day. Never fear! I, the DBQ wizard and master, have a wealth of preparation strategies for you, as well as advice on thesis how to cram everything you need to cover into your limited DBQ writing time on exam day. When you're done reading this guide, you'll know exactly how to write a DBQ. Sayers Essay! For a general overview of the DBQ—what it is, its purpose, its format, etc.—see my article “What is a DBQ?” Establish a Baseline.

Take Another Practice DBQ. How Can I Succeed on Test Day? Reading the Question and Documents. Planning Your Essay. Writing Your Essay. Your AP exam study timeline depends on a few things. First, how much time you have to study per week, and how many hours you want to thesis study in total? If you don’t have much time per week, start a little earlier; if you will be able to devote a substantial amount of time per week (10-15 hours) to prep, you can wait until later in the year. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the earlier you start studying for your AP test, the less material you will have covered in article companies in uk class. Make sure you continually review older material as the school year goes on to keep things fresh in your mind, but in terms of DBQ prep it probably doesn’t make sense to start before February or January at the absolute earliest. Another factor is how much you need to work on.

I recommend you complete a baseline DBQ around early February to see where you need to focus your efforts. If, for example, you got a six out of seven and index missed one point for doing further document analysis, you won’t need to spend too much time studying how to write a DBQ. Maybe just do a document analysis exercise every few weeks and check in homewrok help a couple months later with another timed practice DBQ to make sure you’ve got it. Thesis! However, if you got a two or three out of seven, you’ll know you have more work to do, and you’ll probably want to devote at for an least an index, hour or two every week to honing your skills. Homewrok Help! The general flow of thesis index, your preparation should be: take a practice DBQ, do focused skills practice, take another practice DBQ, do focused skills practice, take another practice DBQ, and concentration camp so on.

How often you take the practice DBQs and how many times you repeat the cycle really depends on how much preparation you need, and thesis index how often you want to check your progress. Writing In Uk! Take practice DBQs often enough that the index, format stays familiar, but not so much that you’ve done barely any skills practice in between. He's ready to from a nazi concentration camp thesis start studying! The general preparation process is to diagnose, practice, test, and repeat. First, you’ll figure out what you need to work on by establishing a baseline level for your DBQ skills. Then, you’ll practice building skills. Finally, you’ll take another DBQ to index see how you've improved and what you still need to work on. In this next section, I’ll go over dissertation the whole process. Index! First, I’ll give guidance on bible how to establish a baseline.

Then I’ll go over some basic, foundational essay-writing skills and thesis index how to a nazi concentration thesis build them. After that I’ll break down the DBQ rubric. You’ll be acing practice DBQs before you know it! The first thing you need to do is to establish a baseline— figure out where you are at index with respect to your DBQ skills. This will let you know where you need to focus your preparation efforts. Homewrok Help! To do this, you will take a timed, practice DBQ and have a trusted teacher or advisor grade it according to the appropriate rubric. Index! For the AP US History DBQ, you’ll be given a 15-minute reading period and 40 minutes of writing time. A selection of practice questions from the exam can be found online at the College Board, including a DBQ. (Go to page 136 in the linked document for the practice prompt.) If you’ve already seen this practice question, perhaps in class, you might use the 2015 DBQ question. Other available College Board DBQs are going to be in research classrooms the old format (find them in the “Free-Response Questions” documents). Thesis Index! This is fine if you need to use them, but be sure to use the new rubric (which is out of seven points, rather than nine) to dissertation grade.

I advise you to save all these links , or even download all the Free Response Questions and the Scoring Guides, for reference because you will be using them again and again for index, practice. The College Board has provided practice questions for the exam, including a DBQ (see page 200 in the linked document). If you’ve already seen this question, the only other questions available through the College Board are in the old format, because the 2016 DBQ is in a new, seven-point format identical to the AP US History exam. Just be sure to dissertation use the new DBQ rubric if you want to use any of the old prompts provided by index the College Board. I Write Essay! (DBQs are in the documents titled “Free-Response Questions.”) I advise you to save all these links (or even download all the Free Response Questions and the Scoring Guides) for reference, because you will be using them again and thesis again for camp thesis, practice. Who knows—maybe this will be one of your documents! For this exam, you’ll be given a 15-minute reading period and thesis index 40 minutes of writing time . As for the other two history exams, the bible, College Board has provided practice questions. Thesis! See page 166 for the DBQ. If you’ve already seen this question, the research papers safe, only other questions available through the College Board are in the old format, because the 2017 World History DBQ is in a new, seven-point format identical to the AP US History and AP European History exams. Thesis! So be sure to dorothy use the new DBQ rubric if you want to use any of the old prompts provided by index the College Board. (DBQs are in the documents titled “Free-Response Questions.”) I advise you to save all these links (or even download all the Free Response Questions and the Scoring Guides) for reference, because you will be using them again and again for practice. Finding a Trusted Advisor to Look at Your Papers.

A history teacher would be a great resource, but if they are not available to you in this capacity, here are some other ideas: An English teacher. Dissertation! Ask a librarian at your school or public library! If they can’t help you, they may be able to index direct you to letter a nazi concentration camp thesis resources who can. You could also ask a school guidance counselor to direct you to in-school resources you could use. A tutor. Index! This is article companies, especially helpful if they are familiar with the test, although even if they aren’t, they can still advise—the DBQ is mostly testing academic writing skills under pressure. Your parent(s)!

Again, ideally your trusted advisor will be familiar with the AP, but if you have used your parents for index, writing help in the past they can also assist here. You might try an how do a conclusion, older friend who has already taken the exam and did well. although bear in thesis index mind that some people are better at doing than scoring and/or explaining! If you know nothing about the DBQ and you’d like to do a little basic familiarization before you establish your baseline, that’s completely fine. There’s no point in taking a practice exam if you are going to panic and muddle your way through it; it won’t give a useful picture of papers safe classrooms, your skills. For a basic orientation, check out my article for a basic introduction to the DBQ including DBQ format. If you want to look at one or two sample essays, see my article for a list of index, DBQ example essay resources. Homewrok Help! Keep in mind that you should use a fresh prompt you haven’t seen to establish your baseline, though, so if you do look at samples don’t use those prompts to thesis set your baseline.

I would also check out this page about the various “task” words associated with AP essay questions . This page was created primarily for the AP European History Long Essay question, but the definitions are still useful for the DBQ on all the history exams, particularly since these are the definitions provided by the College Board. Once you feel oriented, take your practice exam! Don’t worry if you don’t do well on how do i write for an your first practice! That’s what studying is for. The point of establishing a baseline is not to make you feel bad, but to empower you to focus your efforts on the areas you need to work on. Even if you need to work on all the thesis index, areas, that is completely fine and doable! Every skill you need for the DBQ can be built . In the following section, we’ll go over these skills and how to build them for each exam. You need a stronger foundation than this sand castle.

In this section, I’ll discuss the foundational writing skills you need to write a DBQ. Classrooms! I’ll start with some general information on crafting an effective thesis , since this is a skill you will need for any DBQ exam (and for your entire academic life). Thesis! Then, I’ll go over outlining essays, with some sample outline ideas for the DBQ. After I’ll touch on time management. Finally, I’ll briefly discuss how to a conclusion for an non-awkwardly integrate information from your documents into your writing. It sounds like a lot, but not only are these skills vital to your academic career in general, you probably already have the basic building blocks to master them in your arsenal! Writing a good thesis is a skill you will need to develop for all your DBQs, and for any essay you write, on the AP or otherwise. Here are some general rules as to what makes a good thesis: A good thesis does more than just restate the prompt.

Let’s say our class prompt is: “Analyze the index, primary factors that led to the French Revolution.” Gregory writes, “There were many factors that caused the French Revolution” as his thesis. This is not an effective thesis . All it does is vaguely restate the prompt. A good thesis makes a plausible claim that you can defend in an essay-length piece of writing. Maybe Karen writes, “Marie Antoinette caused the French Revolution when she said ‘Let them eat cake’ because it made people mad.” This is not an how do essay, effective thesis, either. For one thing, Marie Antoinette never said that. More importantly, how are you going to write an thesis index, entire essay on dissertation how one offhand comment by Marie Antoinette caused the entire Revolution? This is index, both implausible and overly simplistic.

A good thesis answers the question . If LaToya writes, “The Reign of Terror led to the ultimate demise of the French Revolution and ultimately paved the way for Napoleon Bonaparte to seize control of France,” she may be making a reasonable, defensible claim, but it doesn’t answer the i write a conclusion for an essay, question, which is thesis, not about what happened after the papers safe classrooms, Revolution, but what caused it! A good thesis makes it clear where you are going in your essay. Let’s say Juan writes, “The French Revolution, while caused by thesis index a variety of political, social, and article writing companies in uk economic factors, was primarily incited by the emergence of the index, highly educated Bourgeois class.” This thesis provides a mini-roadmap for the entire essay, laying out that Juan is going to discuss the research safe, political, social, and economic factors that led to the Revolution, in index that order, and that he will argue that the members of the Bourgeois class were the ultimate inciters of the Revolution. This is a great thesis! It answers the dorothy sayers work essay, question, makes an overarching point, and thesis provides a clear idea of a conclusion for an essay, what the writer is going to discuss in the essay. To review: a good thesis makes a claim, responds to the prompt, and lays out thesis, what you will discuss in your essay. If you feel like you have trouble telling the difference between a good thesis and a not-so-good one, here are a few resources you can consult: This site from SUNY Empire has an exercise in companies in uk choosing the best thesis from several options. It’s meant for research papers, but the general rules as to what makes a good thesis apply. About.com has another exercise in choosing thesis statements specifically for short essays. Note, however, that most of the index, correct answers here would be “good” thesis statements as opposed to “super” thesis statements. While you should definitely practice looking at DBQ questions and documents and writing a thesis in response to those, you may also find it useful to write some practice thesis statements in response to the Free-Response Questions.

While you won’t be taking any documents into account in your argument for the Free-Response Questions, it’s good practice on how to construct an effective thesis in general. You could even try writing multiple thesis statements in response to the same prompt! It is dissertation, a great exercise to thesis see how you could approach the prompt from dorothy work essay different angles. Time yourself for index, 5-10 minutes to dissertation mimic the time pressure of the AP exam. If possible, have a trusted advisor or friend look over your practice statements and give you feedback. Barring that, looking over the scoring guidelines for old prompts (accessible from the same page on the College Board where past free-response questions can be found) will provide you with useful tips on what might make a good thesis in thesis response to a given prompt.

Once you can write a thesis, you need to be able to support it—that's where outlining comes in! This is not a good outline. Outlining and Formatting Your Essay. You may be the greatest document analyst and research papers safe thesis-writer in index the world, but if you don’t know how to put it all together in a DBQ essay outline, you won’t be able to essay write a cohesive, high-scoring essay on test day. A good outline will clearly lay out your thesis and how you are going to support that thesis in your body paragraphs. It will keep your writing organized and prevent you from forgetting anything you want to mention! For some general tips on thesis index writing outlines, this page from Roane State has some useful information. While the general principles of outlining an essay hold, the DBQ format is going to have its own unique outlining considerations.To that end, I’ve provided some brief sample outlines that will help you hit all the important points.

Introduction Thesis. The most important part of homewrok help, your intro! Body 1 - contextual information Any outside historical/contextual information Body 2 - First point Documents analysis that support the first point If three body paragraphs: use about three documents, do deeper analysis on two Body 3 - Second point Documents analysis that support the second point Use about three documents, do deeper analysis on two Be sure to mention your outside example if you have not done so yet! Body 4 (optional) - Third point Documents and analysis that support third point Conclusion Re-state thesis Draw a comparison to thesis another time period or situation (synthesis) Depending on your number of dorothy sayers work essay, body paragraphs and your main points, you may include different numbers of thesis index, documents in each paragraph, or switch around where you place your contextual information, your outside example, or your synthesis. Research! There’s no one right way to thesis outline, just so long as each of your body paragraphs has a clear point that you support with documents, and you remember to do a deeper analysis on four documents, bring in outside historical information, and make a comparison to another historical situation or time (you will see these last points further explained in the rubric breakdown). Of course, all the organizational skills in the world won't help you if you can't write your entire essay in the time allotted. In Uk! The next section will cover time management skills. You can be as organized as this library! Time Management Skills for Essay Writing. Thesis Index! Do you know all of your essay-writing skills, but just can’t get a DBQ essay together in i write a 15-minute planning period and 40 minutes of writing?

There could be a few things at play here: Do you find yourself spending a lot of time staring at a blank paper? If you feel like you don’t know where to thesis start, spend one-two minutes brainstorming as soon as you read the question and the documents. Write anything here—don’t censor yourself. No one will look at those notes but you! After you’ve brainstormed for a bit, try to organize those thoughts into a thesis, and then into body paragraphs. It’s better to start working and letter from a nazi camp thesis change things around than to waste time agonizing that you don’t know the thesis, perfect thing to say. Are you too anxious to how do a conclusion essay start writing, or does anxiety distract you in the middle of your writing time? Do you just feel overwhelmed? Sounds like test anxiety. Lots of people have this. (Including me!

I failed my driver’s license test the first time I took it because I was so nervous.) You might talk to a guidance counselor about your anxiety. Thesis! They will be able to provide advice and direct you to resources you can use. Homewrok Help! There are also some valuable test anxiety resources online: try our guide to index mindfulness (it's focused on the SAT, but the same concepts apply on any high-pressure test) and check out tips from Minnesota State University , these strategies from TeensHealth , or this plan for reducing anxiety from West Virginia University . Are you only two thirds of the way through your essay when 40 minutes have passed? You are probably spending too long on your outline, biting off more than you can chew, or both. If you find yourself spending 20+ minutes outlining, you need to practice bringing down your outline time. Dorothy Work Essay! Remember, an outline is just a guide for your essay—it is fine to thesis switch things around as you are writing. It doesn’t need to classrooms be perfect. To cut down on your outline time, practice just outlining for thesis, shorter and shorter time intervals. When you can write one in 20 minutes, bring it down to 18, then down to article writing in uk 16. You may also be trying to thesis cover too much in your paper. If you have five body paragraphs, you need to scale things back to three.

If you are spending twenty minutes writing two paragraphs of contextual information, you need to trim it down to a few relevant sentences. Letter From A Nazi Concentration Thesis! Be mindful of where you are spending a lot of time, and target those areas. Thesis Index! You don’t know the problem —you just can’t get it done! If you can’t exactly pinpoint what’s taking you so long, I advise you to essay simply practice writing DBQs in less and less time. Start with 20 minutes for your outline and 50 for your essay, (or longer, if you need). Then when you can do it in 20 and 50, move back to 18 minutes and 45 for writing, then to 15 and 40. You absolutely can learn to manage your time effectively so that you can write a great DBQ in the time allotted. On to the next skill! The final skill that isn’t explicitly covered in thesis the rubric, but will make a big difference in your essay quality, is integrating document citations into your essay. In other words, how do you reference the information in the documents in a clear, non-awkward way? It is usually better to use the author or title of the document to identify a document instead of writing “Document A.” So instead of writing “Document A describes the riot as. ” you might say, “In Sven Svenson’s description of the riot…” When you quote a document directly without otherwise identifying it, you may want to include a parenthetical citation.

For example, you might write, “The strikers were described as ‘valiant and true’ by how do i write for an essay the working class citizens of the city (Document E).” Now that we’ve reviewed the thesis, essential, foundational skills of the DBQ, I’ll move into the rubric breakdowns. We’ll discuss each skill the AP graders will be looking for bible, when they score your exam. All of the history exams share a DBQ rubric, so the guidelines are identical. Don't worry, you won't need a magnifying glass to examine the rubric. The DBQ rubric has four sections for a total of seven points. One point is for having a thesis that works and is historically defensible.

This just means that your thesis can be reasonably supported by the documents and historical fact. So please don’t make the main point of your essay that JFK was a member of the Illuminati or that Pope Urban II was an alien. Per the index, College Board, your thesis needs to be located in your introduction or your conclusion. You’ve probably been taught to place your thesis in your intro, so stick with what you’re used to. Plus, it’s just good writing—it helps signal where you are going in the essay and what your point is. Papers! You can receive another point for thesis index, having a super thesis.

The College Board describes this as having a thesis that takes into account “historical complexity.” Historical complexity is really just the idea that historical evidence does not always agree about everything, and that there are reasons for homewrok help, agreement, disagreement, etc. How will you know whether the thesis, historical evidence agrees or disagrees? The documents! Suppose you are responding to a prompt about women’s suffrage (suffrage is the right to vote, for bible, those of you who haven’t gotten to that unit in class yet): “Analyze the responses to index the women’s suffrage movement in the United States.” Included among your documents, you have a letter from a conclusion for an a suffragette passionately explaining why she feels women should have the vote, a copy of a suffragette’s speech at a women’s meeting, a letter from one congressman to index another debating the pros and cons of suffrage, and a political cartoon displaying the bible dissertation, death of society and the end of the ‘natural’ order at the hands of thesis index, female voters. A simple but effective thesis might be something like, “Though ultimately successful, the companies, women’s suffrage movement sharply divided the country between those who believed women’s suffrage was unnatural and those who believed it was an inherent right of women.” This is good: it answers the thesis, question and clearly states the writing companies, two responses to suffrage that are going to be analyzed in the essay.

A super thesis , however, would take the index, relationships between the documents (and the people behind the documents!) into account. Dorothy Sayers Work Essay! It might be something like, “The dramatic contrast between those who responded in favor of women’s suffrage and thesis those who fought against it revealed a fundamental rift in American society centered on the role of bible dissertation, women—whether women were ‘naturally’ meant to be socially and civilly subordinate to men, or whether they were in fact equals.” This is a “super” thesis because it gets into thesis the specifics of the letter from concentration camp, relationship between historical factors and shows the broader picture —that is, what responses to women’s suffrage revealed about the index, role of women in the United States overall. It goes beyond just analyzing the specific issues to writing companies a “so what”? It doesn’t just take a position about history, it tells the reader why they should care . In this case, our super thesis tells us that the reader should care about women’s suffrage because the issue reveals a fundamental conflict in America over the position of women in society. Index! Part B: Document Analysis - 2 Points. One point for using six or seven of the documents in your essay to support your argument. Homewrok Help! Easy-peasy! However, make sure you aren’t just summarizing documents in a list, but are tying them back to the main points of your paragraphs. It's best to avoid writing things like, “Document A says X, and Document B says Y, and Document C says Z.” Instead, you might write something like, “The anonymous author of Document C expresses his support and admiration for the suffragettes but also expresses fear that giving women the right to index vote will lead to conflict in the home, highlighting the common fear that women’s suffrage would lead to upheaval in women’s traditional role in society.” Any summarizing should be connected a point. Essentially, any explanation of what a document says needs to be tied to a “so what?” If it’s not clear to you why what you are writing about a document is dorothy, related to your main point, it’s not going to be clear to the AP grader. You can get an thesis, additional point here for from a nazi camp, doing further analysis on 4 of the documents.

This further analysis could be in any of these 4 areas: Author’s point of view - Why does the thesis, author think the way that they do? What is essay, their position in society and how does this influence what they are saying? Author’s purpose - Why is the thesis, author writing what they are writing? What are they trying to dorothy sayers convince their audience of? Historical context - What broader historical facts are relevant to this document? Audience - Who is the thesis, intended audience for this document? Who is the author addressing or trying to convince? Be sure to a conclusion tie any further analysis back to your main argument!

And remember, you only thesis have to how do i write essay do this for four documents for full credit, but it’s fine to do it for more if you can. So how do you practice document analysis? By analyzing documents! Luckily for AP test takers everywhere, New York State has an exam called the Regents Exam that has its own DBQ section. Before they write the essay, however, New York students have to thesis answer short answer questions about the documents. Answering Regents exam DBQ short-answer questions is concentration camp thesis, good practice for basic document analysis.

While most of the questions are pretty basic, it’s a good warm-up in terms of index, thinking more deeply about the documents and how to use them. I Write A Conclusion For An! This set of Regent-style DBQs from the Teacher’s Project are mostly about US History, but the practice could be good for other tests too. This prompt from the Morningside center also has some good document comprehensions questions about a US-History based prompt. Note: While the thesis, document short-answer questions are useful for thinking about dissertation, basic document analysis, I wouldn’t advise completing entire Regents exam DBQ essay prompts for practice, because the format and rubric are both somewhat different from the index, AP. Your AP history textbook may also have documents with questions that you can use to practice.

Flip around in there! This otter is research on emotionally safe classrooms, ready to swim in the waters of the thesis index, DBQ. Writing In Uk! When you want to do a deeper dive on index the documents, you can also pull out those old College Board DBQ prompts. Read the documents carefully. Write down everything that comes to your attention. Do further analysis—author’s point of view, purpose, audience, and historical context—on all the documents for practice, even though you will only need to papers on emotionally classrooms do additional analysis on four on test day. Of course, you might not be able to do all kinds of thesis, further analysis on things like maps and graphs, which is fine.

You might also try thinking about homewrok help, how you would arrange those observations in an argument, or even try writing a practice outline! This exercise would combine your thesis and document-analysis skills practice. When you’ve analyzed everything you can possibly think of for all the thesis index, documents, pull up the Scoring Guide for homewrok help, that prompt. It helpfully has an entire list of analysis points for each document. Consider what they identified that you missed.

Do you seem way off-base in your interpretation? If so, how did it happen? Part C: Using Evidence Beyond the Documents - 2 Points. Don’t be freaked out by the fact that this is two points! One point is just for context - if you can locate the issue within its broader historical situation. You do need to write several sentences to a paragraph about it, but don’t stress; all you really need to know to be able to get this point is information about major historical trends over time, and you will need to know this anyways for the multiple choice section. Index! If the question is about the Dust Bowl during the Great Depression, for example, be sure to dorothy essay include some of the general information you know about the thesis, Great Depression! Boom. Contextualized. The other point is for naming a specific, relevant example in your essay that does not appear in the documents. To practice your outside information skills, pull up your College Board prompts!

Read through the from a nazi concentration camp thesis, prompt and documents and then write down all of the contextualizing facts and as many specific examples as you can think of. I advise timing yourself—maybe 5-10 minutes to thesis index read the article companies, documents and prompt and list your outside knowledge—to imitate the time pressure of the DBQ. When you’ve exhausted your knowledge, make sure to fact-check your examples and your contextual information! You don’t want to use incorrect information on test day. If you can’t remember any examples or contextual information about that topic, look some up! This will help fill in holes in your knowledge. All you need to index do for synthesis is relate your argument about writing, this specific time period to a different time period, geographical area, historical movement, etc.

It is probably easiest to do this in the conclusion of the essay. If your essay is about the Great Depression, you might relate it to thesis the Great Recession of 2007-2009. You do need to do more than just mention your synthesis connection. You need to make it meaningful. How are the two things you are comparing similar? What does one reveal about the other? Is there a key difference that highlights something important?

To practice your synthesis skills—you guessed it—pull up your College Board prompts! Read through the prompt and documents and then identify what historical connections you could make for your synthesis point. Be sure to homewrok help write a few words on why the connection is significant! A great way to make sure that your synthesis connection makes sense is to thesis explain it to research on emotionally someone else. If you explain what you think the thesis, connection is and they get it, you’re probably on letter a nazi concentration thesis the right track. You can also look at sample responses and the scoring guide for the old prompts to see what other connections students and AP graders made. That's a wrap on thesis the rubric! Let's move on to skill-building strategy. Don't let the DBQ turn you into a dissolving ghost-person, though. You’ve probably noticed that my advice on sayers work how to practice individual rubric skills is pretty similar: pull out a prompt and do a timed exercise focusing on just that skill.

However, there are only so many old College Board prompts in the universe (sadly). If you are working on several skills, I advise you to combine your practice exercises. What do I mean? Let’s say, for example, you are studying for US History and want to work on writing a thesis, bringing in outside information, and document analysis. Set your timer for thesis index, 15-20 minutes, pull up a prompt, and: Write 2-3 potential thesis statements in response to the prompt Write all the work, contextual historical information you can think of, and a few specific examples Write down analysis notes on all the documents. Then, when you pull up the Scoring Guide, you can check how you are doing on all those skills at thesis index once! This will also help prime you for test day, when you will be having to combine all of the rubric skills in sayers a timed environment. That said, if you find it overwhelming to combine too many exercises at once when you are first starting out in your study process, that’s completely fine. You’ll need to thesis put all the skills together eventually, but if you want to letter concentration camp spend time working on thesis index them individually at dorothy sayers essay first, that’s fine too.

So once you've established your baseline and thesis index prepped for days, what should you do? It's time to take another practice DBQ to see how you've improved! I know you're tired, but you can do it! So, you established a baseline, identified the skills you need to work on, and practiced writing a thesis statement and analyzing documents for hours. What now? Take another timed, practice DBQ from a prompt you haven’t seen before to check how you’ve improved. Recruit your same trusted advisor to grade your exam and give feedback. After, work on any skills that still need to be honed. Repeat this process as necessary, until you are consistently scoring your goal score. Then you just need to make sure you maintain your skills until test day by bible dissertation doing an index, occasional practice DBQ. Eventually, test day will come—read on for my DBQ-test-taking tips.

How Can I Succeed On DBQ Test Day? Once you’ve prepped your brains out, you still have to take the test! I know, I know. Sayers! But I’ve got some advice on how to index make sure all of your hard work pays off on test day—both some general tips and some specific advice on how to article in uk write a DBQ. Most of these are probably tips you’ve heard before, but they bear repeating: Get a good night’s sleep for the two nights preceding the exam. This will keep your memory sharp! Eat a good breakfast (and lunch, if the exam is in the afternoon) before the thesis, exam with protein and whole grains. This will keep your blood sugar from crashing and making you tired during the essay, exam.

Don’t study the night before the thesis index, exam if you can help it. Instead, do something relaxing. You’ve been preparing, and you will have an easier time on exam day if you aren’t stressed from trying to cram the night before. This dude knows he needs to get a good night's rest! Below I’ve laid out bible, how to use your time during the DBQ exam. I’ll provide tips on reading the question and docs, planning your essay, and writing! Be sure to keep an eye on the clock throughout so you can track your general progress. Reading the Question and the Documents: 5-6 min. First thing’s first: r ead the question carefully , two or even three times. Thesis! You may want to circle the task words (“analyze,” “describe,” “evaluate,” “compare”) to make sure they stand out.

You could also quickly jot down some contextual information you already know before moving on to the bible, documents, but if you can’t remember any right then, move on to the thesis index, docs and let them jog your memory. It’s fine to bible dissertation have a general idea of thesis, a thesis after you read the question, but if you don’t, move on to the docs and let them guide you in bible the right direction. Next, move on to the documents. Mark them as you read—circle things that seem important, jot thoughts and thesis index notes in the margins. After you’ve passed over the documents once, you should choose the four documents you are going to analyze more deeply and read them again. I Write For An Essay! You probably won’t be analyzing the author’s purpose for sources like maps and charts. Good choices are documents in which the author’s social or political position and stake in the issue at hand are clear. Get ready to go down the document rabbit hole. Once you’ve read the question and you have preliminary notes on thesis index the documents, it’s time to start working on a thesis. If you still aren’t sure what to talk about, spend a minute or so brainstorming.

Write down themes and companies in uk concepts that seem important and create a thesis from those. Remember, your thesis needs to index answer the on emotionally safe classrooms, question and thesis index make a claim! When you’ve got a thesis, it’s time to article writing companies work on an outline . Once you’ve got some appropriate topics for your body paragraphs, use your notes on the documents to populate your outline. Thesis! Which documents support which ideas? You don’t need to use every little thought you had about the document when you read it, but you should be sure to use every document. Here's three things to make sure of: Make sure your outline notes where you are going to homewrok help include your contextual information (often placed in thesis index the first body paragraph, but this is up to you), your specific example (likely in one of the body paragraphs), and letter concentration camp your synthesis (the conclusion is a good place for this). Make sure you’ve also integrated the four documents you are going to further analyze and thesis how to analyze them. Make sure you use all the letter from a nazi concentration, documents! I can’t stress this enough.

Take a quick pass over your outline and thesis index the docs and make sure all of the docs appear in your outline. If you go over the planning time a couple of minutes, it’s not the how do i write a conclusion essay, end of the world. This probably just means you have a really thorough outline! But be ready to write pretty fast. Writing the Essay - 40 min. If you have a good outline, the index, hard part is out of the way! You just need to article companies make sure you get all of your great ideas down in the test booklet. Don’t get too bogged down in writing a super-exciting introduction. You won’t get points for it, so trying to be fancy will just waste time.

Spend maybe one or two sentences introducing the thesis, issue, then get right to from concentration thesis your thesis. For your body paragraphs, make sure your topic sentences clearly state the point of the index, paragraph . Writing! Then you can get right into your evidence and index your document analysis. As you write, make sure to bible keep an eye on the time. Index! You want to be a little more than halfway through at the 20-minute mark of the writing period, so you have a couple minutes to go back and edit your essay at homewrok help the end. Thesis Index! Keep in mind that it’s more important to homewrok help clearly lay out your argument than to use flowery language. Sentences that are shorter and to thesis the point are completely fine. If you are short on time, the conclusion is the least important part of homewrok help, your essay . Thesis! Even just one sentence to wrap things up is fine just so long as you’ve hit all the homewrok help, points you need to (i.e. don’t skip your conclusion if you still need to put in your synthesis example). When you are done, make one last past through your essay.

Make sure you included everything that was in your outline and hit all the rubric skills! Then take a deep breath and pat yourself on the back. You did it!! Have a cupcake to celebrate. I realize I've bombarded you with information, so here are the key points to index take away: Remember the drill for prep: establish a baseline, build skills, take another practice DBQ, repeat skill-building as necessary. Make sure that you know the rubric inside and out so you will remember to hit all the necessary points on test day! It’s easy to lose points just for forgetting something like your synthesis point. On test day, keep yourself on article in uk track time-wise ! This may seem like a lot, but you can learn how to ace your DBQ! With a combination of preparation and good test-taking strategy, you will get the thesis, score you’re aiming for. The more you practice, the more natural it will seem, until every DBQ is a breeze. If you want more information about the DBQ, see my introductory guide to the DBQ.

Haven't registered for homewrok help, the test yet? See our article for help registering for AP exams. Thesis Index! For more on studying for the AP US History exam, check out the best AP US History notes to study with. Studying for dorothy work essay, World History? See these AP World History study tips from one of our experts. Thesis! Want to improve your SAT score by dorothy sayers work 160 points or your ACT score by 4 points? We've written a guide for each test about the top 5 strategies you must be using to have a shot at improving your score. Download it for free now: Have friends who also need help with test prep? Share this article! Ellen has extensive education mentorship experience and thesis is deeply committed to homewrok help helping students succeed in all areas of life. She received a BA from Harvard in Folklore and Mythology and is currently pursuing graduate studies at Columbia University.

You should definitely follow us on social media. You'll get updates on our latest articles right on your feed. Follow us on all 3 of our social networks: Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply! Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get to 600 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get 36 on index Each ACT Section: Our hand-selected experts help you in sayers essay a variety of other topics!

Looking for Graduate School Test Prep? Check out thesis index, our top-rated graduate blogs here: Get the latest articles and test prep tips! © PrepScholar 2013-2015. All rights reserved. SAT® is sayers, a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board TM . Thesis! The College Entrance Examination.

Board TM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this site.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Защита диссертаций - ДВФУ

Guide to undergraduate dissertations in thesis the social sciences. - qualitative or quantitative? Can my dissertation be entirely. The way you approach your question will have a profound effect upon the way you construct your dissertation, so this section discusses the types of dissertation, research you might undertake for your dissertation. The use of literature and case studies is considered and index the merits of primary research are debated and dissertation advice is given on the use of index, existing research data. You may not be fond of papers on emotionally safe, statistics, but the thesis index potential relevance of a quantitative approach should be considered and similarly, the idea of work essay, qualitative analysis and conducting your own research may yield valuable data. The possibilities of using quantitative and qualitative data are also discussed. What approach should I take - qualitative or quantitative? This video clip contains comments from the following academics:

Dr Iain Garner - Psychology Alan McGauley - Social Policy Shawna McCoy - Criminology Kevin Bonnett - Sociology. What approach should I take - qualitative or quantitative? Your approach, research design, and research question are all connected. Index! 'Approach' means something more than the type of data you use Ђ“ it refers to your overall orientation to research and the type of claims you will make for your study. Dissertations can be based on dorothy sayers essay either quantitative or qualitative data, or on a combination of both. How you choose this may depend on thesis index your preferences and abilities, and bible dissertation the suitability of particular approaches to your topic. You need to thesis index, be able to justify why you have chosen to use such data. Quantitative data is particularly useful when you wish to discover how common particular forms of sayers, behaviour such as illegal drug use are for a particular age group. Qualitative data is particularly useful when you wish to find out why people engage in such behaviour.

Think about the thesis index Research Methods modules you have taken so far. Think about the a conclusion for an essay different kinds of studies you have read for other modules. Thesis! There is plenty of scope to use the approaches and a nazi camp thesis methods that you are most comfortable with. You need to thesis, justify your approach and a nazi methods and to cite appropriate literature to help you do this. What if I want to index, find out about social trends, or the measurable effects of homewrok help, particular policies? You will probably want to use large datasets and undertake quantitative data analysis, and you will be adopting a realist approach to the topic studied.

Quantitative dissertations are likely to be nearer to the lower end of the index range of approved lengths for the dissertation (e.g. if the length is to be 5,000-8,000 words, dissertations based on quantitative analysis are likely to be closer to 5,000 words in work essay length). They will also include tables and figures giving your important findings. Index! Remember that all tables must be carefully titled and labelled and that sources of letter from a nazi concentration thesis, your data must be acknowledged. What if I want to record people's views on an issue, and give them a 'voice'? You will probably want to use in-depth qualitative data, and you may wish to adopt a realist, a phenomenologist, or a constructionist approach to the topic. Qualitative dissertations will include descriptive material, usually extracts from interviews, conversations, documents or field notes, and are therefore likely to be nearer to the upper limit of your word range (e.g. 8,000 words). The types of method suitable for a dissertation could include content analysis, a small scale ethnographic study, small scale in-depth qualitative interviewing. Whether you choose qualitative or quantitative analysis will depend on several things: Your preferred philosophical approach (realist, phenomenologist or constructionist). Thesis Index! Your skills and abilities with methods of data collection (if needed) and analysis.

The topic or issue you are interested in. How you frame your research question. Can I combine qualitative and homewrok help quantitative methods? There are many ways in which qualitative and index quantitative data and analysis can be combined. Here are two examples. You may be interested in doing an analysis that is primarily quantitative, looking at social trends, or policy implications. However you also want to introduce a 'human touch' by conducting one or several interviews asking what these trends mean to people or how particular individuals experience events.

After doing your quantitative analysis, you should include a chapter or section on the qualitative data you have collected. In your discussion of findings you can use the qualitative data to help you understand the letter from a nazi concentration camp thesis patterns in the quantitative analysis. You may be interested in doing an evaluative case study of a process or policy. You will have a particular focus Ђ“ a 'case' that you are looking at. You will triangulate methods Ђ“ i.e. collect data in thesis several different ways, and some of these data may be quantitative. You will analyse each type of data and bible dissertation describe this, and then write a discussion that shows how each piece of analysis contributes to the overall picture of what is going on. Your supervisor or research methods tutor may be able to give you detailed examples of these or other ways to combine methods.

Can my dissertation be entirely literature-based? Yes. If you decide to do a primarily theoretical dissertation, it is thesis index, almost certain that your dissertation will be entirely literature-based. This is likely to be the methodology of theoretical analysis: selection and homewrok help discussion of theoretical material and descriptive material, in context, and detailed comparison of theories in terms of their applicability. Thesis! You might ask how useful certain concepts or theories are for essay understanding particular patterns of behaviour. Thesis! How useful is the concept of institutional racism? Is objectivity in the media possible? How useful is subcultural theory for understanding virtual communities? Here, the focus of letter a nazi camp, attention is not so much to discover something about the social world, for thesis index example virtual communities, as to reach a judgement about the value of key concepts or theories in understanding that world. How the study is approached and how contrasting approaches are drawn upon needs to be stated very clearly.

A library-based or theoretical study is papers safe classrooms, not necessarily 'easier' than an empirical study, indeed, it may well be harder. Remember that theoretical studies, like data-based studies, need to have their research design spelled out thesis index from the start. But even if your dissertation is i write a conclusion for an essay, more empirically focused, it could still be entirely literature-based. You might choose to conduct a review of index, a field of work. What does the research literature in this field tell us about x? While all dissertations will include a literature review, it is possible to produce a dissertation that is entirely based on bible dissertation a review of the literature. If you do this, it is important to review the literature from an explicit angle and thesis identify some themes to make the review distinctive. You might, for example, explore empirical debates in your chosen field across different countries or time periods. Whilst it is possible for dissertations to research on emotionally safe classrooms, be entirely literature-based, the most common form of dissertation takes the form of a case study.

Here the focus of attention is on a particular community, organisation or set of documents. Index! The attraction of this kind of dissertation is that it stems from empirical curiosity but is at the same time practical. You may be interested in a wider question but a case study enables you to focus on how do i write a specific example. Thesis! A major challenge in case study dissertations is connecting your own primary research or re-analysis with the broader theoretical themes and empirical concerns of the existing literature. Most dissertations demand either primary or secondary research.

In other words, you usually have to sayers work, analyse data that you have either collected yourself or data that is already available. The reason for thesis index this is that the questions dissertations usually address take the following form: Is x happening? Is x changing? Why is x happening? Why is letter a nazi concentration thesis, x changing? These questions demand primary or secondary analysis of data. Case Study 9 Think hard before you decide to undertake empirical research: a student's view. Secondary analysis is when you analyse data which was collected by another researcher. It allows the index researcher to explore areas of interest without having to go through the process of collecting data themselves in the field. The problem with using fieldwork methods in an undergraduate dissertation, however, is that they are costly in how do i write for an essay terms of time (which is relatively scarce in your final year!) and possibly your own financial resources too. You may choose, therefore, to thesis, undertake secondary research, analysing existing data.

Where do I find existing research data? There are a range of documents that already contain research data that you can analyse. You may, for article writing companies in uk example, be interested in exploring whether gender stereotypes in thesis the media are changing. This might entail content analysis of newspapers, magazines, video or other media over different time periods. Article Writing Companies! Here you would not be collecting your own data but instead would be analysing existing documents. If you are interested, for example, in doing historical research, you may need to visit archives. Government reports and thesis index autobiographies may also be used as data. Other documents include official statistics, datasets (statistical data), and banks of interview transcripts which are all freely available to dissertation, the academic community. Increasingly, documents, databases and archives are readily accessible online.

Research Methods tutors on thesis index your course will be able to advise on the availability and accessibility of such data sets. There are some advantages of homewrok help, doing secondary analysis, particularly if you are doing a quantitative study. You will be able to work with much larger datasets than you could have collected yourself. This has the following advantages: They allow you to discuss trends and thesis social changes. The data are often collected through a random sample, which allows you to generalise to the population under consideration. They may also allow you to dorothy sayers, make comparisons over time, as some datasets are products of longitudinal studies.

Examples of large datasets include the British Crime Survey, and the Youth Cohort Study. Smaller, more targeted datasets may also be available. Secondary analysis has disadvantages also: the data were collected for a purpose different from yours. You have to thesis, find out something about that purpose, as well as the dorothy work methods of thesis, collection, in article in uk order to justify your use of thesis index, a secondary dataset. Collecting you own data - primary research. Quantitative data may also result from non-participant observations or other measurements (e.g. in an experimental design). Work Essay! Also, sometimes data that are collected through qualitative processes (participant observation, interviews) are coded and quantified. Your research methods tutor can give you further information on these types of data, but here are some common quantitative data collection methods and their definitions: A series of questions that the respondent answers on their own. Self-completion questionnaires are good for collecting data on thesis relatively simple topics, and for gaining a general overview of an issue. Questionnaires need to have clear questions, an easy to follow design, and not be too long.

Similar to a self-completion questionnaire, except that the questions that are asked by an interviewer to the interviewee. The same questions are read out in bible the same way to all respondents. There will typically be a fixed choice of answers for the respondents. Watching people and recording systematically their behaviour. Prior to the observation, an observation schedule will be produced which details what exactly the researcher should look for and how those observations should be recorded. If you are conducting a qualitative analysis you are likely to wish to use at least some original material. This may be collected through in-depth interviews, participant observation recordings and fieldnotes, non-participant observation, or some combination of these.

Below are some data collection methods that you might want to use for your dissertation: A way of asking questions which allows the interviewee to have more control of the index interview. The interview could be semi-structured, which uses an i write essay interview schedule to keep some control of the interview, but also allows for some flexibility in terms of the intervieweeЂ™s responses. The interview could be unstructured, here the aim is to thesis, explore the intervieweeЂ™s feelings about the issue being explored and the style of questioning is very informal. Or the for an interview could be a life history where the interviewer tries to find out about the whole life, or a portion of the personЂ™s life.

A form of thesis, interviewing where there are several participants; there is an emphasis in the questioning on a tightly defined topic; the accent is on interaction within the group and bible dissertation the joint construction of meaning. The moderator tries to provide a relatively free rein to the discussion. This involves studying people in naturally occurring settings. The researcher participates directly in thesis index the setting and collects data in dorothy sayers work a systematic manner. The researcher will observe behaviour, listen to conversations, and ask questions. Spend some time looking at thesis general books about research - they will give you an overview of the data collection methods available and help you to make the best choice for your project. Bryman (2004) would be a useful starting point. For any piece of research you conduct, be it empirically based (quantitative or qualitative) or library based, its methods must be justified. I Write A Conclusion For An Essay! You need to show in the final dissertation how you have given consideration to different methods, and why you have chosen and eliminated these.

STUDENT VOICE: Findings from our research. Your supervisor will want you to offer convincing reasons as to thesis, why youЂ™ve chosen the homewrok help approach you have - so be ready! If youЂ™re having difficulty making that choice, donЂ™t be afraid to ask your supervisor for their advice. Thesis! This was particularly useful for one of our respondents: Note: Research must be conducted in a sensible and ethical manner; data must be analysed and presented in a rational manner. It is important that students do not expose themselves or others to research on emotionally classrooms, dangers or risks when conducting research. Students need the approval of their dissertation supervisor before embarking on any type of thesis, fieldwork (see the section on Research Ethics for writing companies in uk more information). Will my research be inductive or deductive?

In general, deductive research is theory-testing and index inductive research is theory-generating. Often people link deductive research with quantitative experiments or surveys, and inductive research with qualitative interviews or ethnographic work. I Write A Conclusion Essay! These links are not hard and fast Ђ“ for instance, experimental research, designed to test a particular theory through developing a hypothesis and creating an experimental design, may use quantitative or qualitative data or a combination. If your research starts with a theory and is driven by hypotheses that you are testing (e.g. that social class background and social deprivation or privilege are likely to affect educational attainment), it is, broadly speaking, deductive. However much research combines deductive and inductive elements. What's all this about research design? Research design is vital to conducting a good piece of work. Thesis! At the start of your research you need to set down clearly: Your research focus and research question . How you propose to how do for an essay, examine the topic: approach methods of data collection methods of data analysis The types and sources of information you need. How you will access these sources of information (be they people, existing datasets, biographical accounts, media articles or websites, official records). The proposed outcome of thesis, this research (in your case, a dissertation) and the form it will take.

A time-frame for concentration all this. You and thesis your supervisor will discuss your design and decide whether the research is 'do-able'. Your university may require you to produce a report (e.g. an 'interim framework report' or a short 'research proposal') that specifies your research design. Other people may have to look at the design to ascertain whether there are ethical issues that affect your research. Quantitative or qualitative?

A quantitative approach will mean you will need substantial datasets, as well as the inclusion of tables and statistics in your final submission. This information could come from how do a conclusion for an a variety of thesis, sources - remember to acknowledge them! A qualitative approach will probably mean conducting interviews or focus groups or observing behaviour. Ask yourself if you are prepared to do this, and think about the best way of getting the answers you want from people. Dissertation! Will you stop people in the street? Will you conduct telephone interviews? Will you send out survey forms and hope that people return them? Will you be a participant or non participant observer? Deductive or inductive? Deductive research is theory-testing, which is often linked to datasets, surveys or quantitative analysis.

Inductive research is theory-generating, and thesis is often linked to qualitative interviews. Empirical or theoretical? An empirical study could involve close analysis of statistics or some form of how do for an, qualitative research. However, a theoretical study brings its own challenges, and you may be called upon to compare theories in index terms of their applicability. Once you have decided upon your approach, you can write out a research design, i.e. Homewrok Help! how you are going to approach the project.

Now look a little at the research methods that you have studied. Apart from thesis index matching your research to your general sense of objective/subjective reality, it is important to ensure that you match your methodology to dissertation, the problem you are pursuing. What kind of data do you need to answer your question/test your hypothesis? How would you best be able to collect that data? Again, consider time and feasibility of the exercise. The ability to manage your time will be directly related to your ability to control the boundaries of the study Ђ“ especially if it is thesis index, closely linked to your workplace.

Now that you have got so far, try to i write, write up your research proposal as far as you can. Thesis Index! Make sure that you identify where your proposal needs further work and, at i write for an the same time, where you will have to put your maximum effort. It may be helpful to thesis index, draw a critical path so that you are clear which actions you need to take and in what sequence. You will find it helpful to plot your research questions on the chart on dorothy sayers essay the next page and ensure that your plans for index collecting data really answer the how do i write question as well as avoiding ethical problems. Index! At this stage you must be really ruthless with yourself.

How viable is it? What are the threats to dorothy essay, the study? Try some 'what if?' questions on yourself. It will be better to go back to the drawing board now, than once the project is underway. IMPORTANT : Whatever approach you settle on, you MUST be able to justify its appropriateness to your topic and question. Does the data required to answer your question already exist or will you have to generate your own data? Can you combine quantitative with qualitative methods? e.g. Thesis Index! a survey which includes interviews or a case study that looks at a situation from numerous angles. What factors may limit the scope of your research? (time, resources, etc.) Which method(s) best suit the questions and time you have available to do this study?

Do you know the differences between types of data, and types of analysis? Does your project have clear links between theory and practice? BRYMAN, A. (2004). Social Research Method . 2nd ed., Oxford, Oxford University Press. CRESWELL, J. (2002). Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches . Homewrok Help! 2nd ed., London, Sage. SEALE, C.(2006). Thesis Index! Researching society and culture . London, Sage.

Here are some references for bible specific methods: ARKSEY, H and KNIGHT, P. (1999). Interviewing for social scientists: an introductory resource . London, Sage. DALE, A.; ARBER, S.; AND PROCTOR, M.(1998). Doing Secondary Analysis . London, Allen and Unwin.

HAMMERSLEY, M. and ATKINSON, P. (1995). Ethnography: Principles in Practice . Index! London, Routledge. OPPENHEIM, A. N. (1992). Questionnaire Design, Interviewing and Attitude Measurement . London, Pinter. Identifying a research topic:

A template for structured observation: A site devoted to homewrok help, survey design: A chapter on structured interviewing: A chapter on qualitative interviewing: An introduction to thesis index, ethnographic research:

Materials for focus group interviews: 1. © Professor Chris Winch, Dr Malcolm Todd, Ian Baker, Dr Jenny Blain, Dr Karen Smith. © This resource has been developed in partnership by the Higher Education Academy and Sheffield Hallam University.

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
Защита диссертаций - ДВФУ

Which Barack Obama speech is the thesis one for the history books? The inside track on Washington politics. *Invalid email address. Obama has delivered many memorable speeches. But which will schoolchildren read decades from now? Few political careers and presidencies have been more defined by speeches than Barack Obama’s.

His 2004 speech at the Democratic National Convention vaulted him into the country’s consciousness. His 2008 speech on dorothy, race saved his faltering presidential campaign. As president, Obama’s biggest and thesis, most consequential moments — his unfulfilled outreach to the Muslim world in Cairo, his Nobel Peace Prize address on the grim necessity of war in Oslo and his eulogy for nine slain parishioners in Charleston, S.C. — often have been speeches. Obama’s best oratory is essay beautifully written, meticulously crafted and theatrically delivered. Thesis. It is a record of letter a nazi our fears, flaws, shortcomings and thesis index, accomplishments. “I don’t know of any president who has put that kind of work into his speeches,” says Douglas Brinkley, a presidential historian. How Do A Conclusion For An Essay. “He organizes his thinking by putting pencil to pad.” In a few days, Obama will deliver one of his last big speeches as president. In a bit of clever stagecraft, he is index scheduled to speak at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia on the 12th anniversary of his electric 2004 convention speech. The moment raises a question that cuts to the heart of letter concentration camp thesis Obama’s presidential legacy and our polarized politics: Which Obama address will still sound wise and inspiring when our bitter, partisan disputes have faded from memory? In just 272 words, Abraham Lincoln’s remarks at Gettysburg redefined the thesis index purpose of the country. John F. Kennedy will forever be remembered for how do essay his inaugural address: “Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.” His challenge is all the more poignant because of his sacrifice.

Ronald Reagan seemed to be bending the arc of index history when he stood at Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate and spoke directly to the Soviet leader: “Mr. On Emotionally Safe Classrooms. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!” So which Obama speech, if any, will schoolchildren read decades from index, now? To answer the question, I quizzed Republicans, Democrats, historians, and sayers, some of the president’s longest-serving and most loyal aides. I pressed for clues on the president’s preferences. Which speech would Obama pick? Could that be the one? Peering into the future is an impossible task, and there was more argument than consensus among those I spoke with. But the conversations led me inexorably to one speech. First, let’s review the thesis index contenders: ‘There’s not a liberal America and writing companies, a conservative America; there’s the United States of America.’

Among Obama’s staff in the West Wing, his 2004 convention speech is thesis thought to be the one that will endure. At the time Obama delivered it, he was running for Senate, but he was a virtual unknown, with a name — Barack Hussein Obama — that evoked the country’s enemies. He framed his biography as proof of America’s exceptional nature: He was descended from letter concentration, a Kenyan cook, a Kansan who marched with Patton’s Army and parents who believed “that in a tolerant America, your name is no barrier to success” and that “in a generous America, you don’t have to be rich to thesis index, achieve your potential.” Even more memorable, Obama rejected political polarization as a false byproduct of letter thesis a dysfunctional Washington: “There’s not a liberal America and a conservative America; there’s the United States of America. There’s not a black America and index, white America and Latino America and Asian America; there’s the United States of America.” The convention keynote, which Obama wrote without a speechwriter, later became a kind of ur-text inside his White House. Whenever the president’s speechwriting team was struggling, David Axelrod, Obama’s senior adviser and friend, would urge them to re-read the 2004 address. Axelrod calls it “Obama’s love letter to America.” Jon Favreau, the president’s lead speechwriter during his first term, has one of the speech’s most famous lines hanging on the wall in his Los Angeles apartment: “In no other country on Earth is my story even possible.”

The speech, though, has its flaws. Its middle sections are bloated by Democratic boilerplate and homewrok help, a tribute to John Kerry, then the thesis index Democratic Party’s lackluster presidential nominee. And the speech already reads as somewhat wistful. “It’s an evocation of what could be but is work essay sadly and tragically a myth,” says Jeff Shesol, a speechwriter in the Clinton White House. “Obama’s whole presidency is index a rebuttal of i write a conclusion for an essay that speech.” Indeed, Obama backed away from some of its most optimistic notes in his last State of the thesis Union address. Bible Dissertation. “It’s one of the thesis index few regrets of my presidency that the rancor and suspicion between the parties has gotten worse instead of better,” he says. ‘The anger is i write a conclusion for an essay real; it is powerful; and to simply wish it away, to condemn it without understanding its roots, only serves to widen the thesis chasm of misunderstanding that exists between the races.’ Sometimes a flash of high drama gives a speech extra staying power. Obama’s 2008 race speech, written after video surfaced of his former pastor cursing America, represents such a moment. Obama was fighting for his political life and how do i write a conclusion for an essay, delivered a personal speech that was unlike anything most Americans had heard before. Obama’s mixed-race background allowed him to speak bluntly to black and index, white Americans. “This was the speech he was born to writing in uk, give,” Shesol says. Obama urged whites to empathize with his pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who had served as a Marine and had come of age during segregation.

And he prodded blacks to reflect on thesis index, his white grandmother, who feared black men she passed on the street and bible, who sometimes spoke in thesis, terms of racial stereotypes that made him cringe. “These people are a part of dorothy me,” Obama said, “and they are part of America, this country that I love.” In the anguished final months of Obama’s presidency, marked by angry protests, police shootings and inflammatory political rhetoric, the 2008 speech still reads true. Index. “The speech didn’t solve anything,” says Ted Widmer, a former Clinton administration official and companies in uk, professor at Brown University, “but it explains deeply and at a high level how complicated race can be.” ‘As a nation, out of thesis this terrible tragedy, God has visited grace upon us, for he has allowed us to see where we’ve been blind.’ Historians tend to search for “the speech” — the one that will endure — among the article writing eulogies that Obama gave after the mass shootings and terrorist attacks that took place with deadening regularity over the course of his presidency. “Obama put his whole soul into those speeches,” Brinkley says. All presidents at some point play the role of minister. Reagan lived up to the moment with a simple but moving speech consoling schoolchildren and adults after the Challenger space shuttle explosion. Bill Clinton spoke eloquently after the thesis Oklahoma City bombing. But no president has played this role like Obama, who has done it again and again and again — in Tucson, in Newtown, in Dallas. Brinkley imagines that an how do i write for an essay, anthology of Obama’s memorial speeches would offer future generations insight into today’s America. And of those speeches, the president’s Charleston eulogy, following the killing of nine parishioners at Emanuel AME Church, stands out for its eloquent meditation on God’s grace and the surprise of a president singing a Christian hymn. Thesis. “It is the one seared in the public’s memory,” Brinkley says. Obama cast the Charleston killings as a divinely inspired turning point.

In the homewrok help days after the thesis attack, South Carolina lawmakers voted overwhelmingly to remove the Confederate battle flag from the state capitol dome. Homewrok Help. The country, Obama said, had responded to the brutal killings with a “big-hearted generosity and . . . a thoughtful introspection and self-examination that we so rarely see in public life.” He called on thesis index, the nation to build on that spirit by how do for an, reforming gun laws, tackling poverty and index, passing criminal justice reform. I Write. But all of those efforts stalled. The Charleston mass shooting — shocking and tragic in the moment — faded quickly from memory like the thesis index others that had come before and those that would follow. ‘It was not a clash of armies, but a clash of wills; a contest to determine the true meaning of America.’ The most famous presidential speech — the standard by a nazi concentration, which all other White House oratory is judged — is Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address. Thesis. In it, Lincoln consecrated the homewrok help site of thesis one of the Civil War’s bloodiest battles and sought to unite all Americans, Northerners and Southerners, with a common vision.

The speech elides details, mentioning no names of the dead and offering no account of the devastating battle. Lincoln completely avoids the topic of slavery. Instead he uses the speech to from concentration thesis, recast American history, elevating equality over liberty as the country’s most important idea. Index. The Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Garry Wills describes Lincoln’s brief remarks that day as “one of the most daring acts of open-air sleight-of-hand ever witnessed by the unsuspecting. Everyone in that vast throng of thousands was having his or her intellectual pocket picked.”

Obama’s speech last year commemorating the a nazi camp 50th anniversary of the brutal beating of marchers in Selma, Ala., performed a similar feat. At Selma, Obama consecrated ground, placing the events on the Edmund Pettus Bridge on par with those in Concord, Lexington, Appomattox and thesis index, Gettysburg. A Conclusion. Like Lincoln, Obama rewrote American history, putting rebels, protest leaders, misfits, artists and immigrants at index the center of the story. “Look at our history,” he implored. “We are Sojourner Truth and Fannie Lou Hamer, women who could do as much as men and then some.” His litany of American heroes included the “Lost Boys of Sudan,” “the hopeful strivers who cross the Rio Grande,” “the slaves who built the White House” and “the gay Americans whose blood ran on the streets of bible San Francisco and New York.” America’s founders and the “fresh-faced GIs” of index World War II merited only passing mentions. For the first time, they were relegated to the periphery. Obama’s 2004 convention speech was more of a surprise. The stakes were much higher when he delivered his 2008 race speech. His Charleston eulogy packed more pathos. But the Selma speech, written over the course of five drafts, was the most ambitious and radical speech of his presidency. Obama described an i write a conclusion for an, America that is constantly changing, chronically dissatisfied and forever striving to realize the ideals laid out in its founding documents. “What greater expression of faith in the American experiment than this?” Obama said at thesis index Selma. For An Essay. “What greater form of patriotism is there than the belief that America is thesis not yet finished, that we are strong enough to be self-critical, that each successive generation can look upon our imperfections and decide that it is in our power to remake this nation to more closely align with our highest ideals?” Even in article writing companies in uk, today’s fractious times, the Selma speech wins praise from both Republicans and Democrats. “It falls into the category of thesis index speeches that every child should read in school,” says Michael Gerson, the lead speechwriter for President George W. Bush and now a Washington Post columnist. Aides say the Selma speech is also Obama’s favorite address, because it most clearly expresses his view of American exceptionalism — a topic he first explored 12 years ago in his convention speech.

But Selma’s true genius lies in its ability to speak to dorothy essay, America’s future. Index. The Census Bureau projects that the U.S. population will become “majority minority” in research papers classrooms, 2044. The shift has fueled anxiety among whites and has probably given a boost to Republican nominee Donald Trump’s “make America great again” campaign for the White House. It has spawned some of the backlash against Obama’s presidency, along with questions about his legitimacy to serve, his love of country and his faith. Someday, though, this demographic shift will be seen as an index, inevitable part of the American story. Selma is the first, great presidential address to speak to that America and a speech only our first black president could give. Selma is the one. Which of Obama's speeches will history remember? The Democratic National Convention keynote address delivered on July 27, 2004. A More Perfect Union: The speech on race delivered in Philadelphia on March 18, 2008.

A New Beginning: The speech addressed to homewrok help, Muslims delivered in Cairo on June 4, 2009. A Just and Lasting Peace: The Nobel lecture delivered in Oslo on Dec. 10, 2009. The Tucson memorial speech, delivered Jan. 12, 2011. The Newtown prayer vigil remarks, delivered Dec. 16, 2012.

The speech marking the index 50th anniversary of the Selma to essay, Montgomery marches, delivered March 7, 2015. The eulogy for the nine victims of a shooting at a church in Charleston, S.C., delivered June 26, 2015. The remarks at the Dallas memorial service for fallen police officers, delivered July 12, 2016. We need to verify that you are an actual person. The Democratic National Convention keynote address delivered on index, July 27, 2004. A More Perfect Union: The speech on race delivered in Philadelphia on March 18, 2008.

A New Beginning: The speech addressed to Muslims delivered in Cairo on June 4, 2009. A Just and Lasting Peace: The Nobel lecture delivered in Oslo on Dec. 10, 2009. The Tucson memorial speech, delivered Jan. 12, 2011. The Newtown prayer vigil remarks, delivered Dec. 16, 2012. The speech marking the 50th anniversary of the Selma to Montgomery marches, delivered March 7, 2015. The eulogy for the nine victims of a shooting at a church in Charleston, S.C., delivered June 26, 2015. The remarks at the Dallas memorial service for sayers work essay fallen police officers, delivered July 12, 2016. This is a non-scientific user poll.

Results are not statistically valid and cannot be assumed to reflect the views of Washington Post users as a group or the general population.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -

Althusser, Ideology and Interpellation Essay. The French philosopher, Louis Althusser, first popularized the word in thesis his seminal essay “Ideology and Ideological State Apparatuses (Notes towards an Investigation)” (Althusser, 1972). In the essay, Althusser explores the relationship between the state, modes of (re)producing power and ideology from a Marxist perspective, defining ideology as “the imaginary relationship of individuals to their real conditions of existence” (Althusser 1972: 162). Article Writing Companies In Uk. In his definition, Althusser sees ideology functioning as a mediator between systems of power and index, individuals. It allows for hegemonic power to reproduce itself by obscuring traditional forms of repression and incorporating individuals into the power structure. Althusser complicates the relationship between domination and research on emotionally classrooms, subjugation by introducing the thesis interpellation process, where individuals recognize themselves as subjects through ideology, thus illustrating how subjects can be complicit in their own domination. He gives the example of a police officer shouting out “Hey, you there!” in public. Upon hearing this exclamation, an individual turns around, and “by this mere one-hundred-and-eighty-degree physical conversion, he becomes a subject” (Althusser, 1972: 174). In the act of from a nazi camp thesis, acknowledging that it is indeed he who is thesis index, addressed, the individual thus recognizes his subjecthood. It is important to note that this subjecthood is double: although he is recognized as a social subject by safe the law, he is also subjugated to the law. Althusser emphasizes the ubiquity of ideology and interpellation by noting how subjects are consistently constituted by Ideological State Apparatuses (ISAs) such as the family, educational institutions, and media such as literature, radio and index, television.

The idea that an individual can be interpellated through various mediums would later be appropriated by theorists from diverse backgrounds such as cinema and media studies and cultural studies. Although he initially presents a temporal example of interpellation, Althusser insists that the process is not governed by cause and effect, but happens simultaneously. He emphasizes that “the existence of ideology and papers on emotionally, the hailing or interpellation of individuals as subjects are one and thesis index, the same thing” (Althusser 1972: 175). In other words ideology, interpellation, and subjecthood, mutually reinforce each other so that “ideology has always-already interpellated individuals as subjects, which amounts to i write for an making it clear that individuals are always-already interpellated by ideology as subjects, which necessarily leads us to one last proposition: individuals are always-already subjects” (Althusser 1972: 176). Althusser’s framework of interpellation and his emphasis on thesis the circulatory relationship between subjectivity and exterior structures have been utilized and bible dissertation, extended by numerous critical theorists.1 Markedly, Michel Foucault holds similar notions of thesis, how subjectivity is constructed by focusing on discourses around sexuality (Foucault, 1990). 2 He describes how at the end of the 19th Century, experts in various scientific fields created discourses that allowed them to label and identify individuals and their sexuality. Like Althusser, this subjecthood has a duality: it both subjugates individuals as passive beings involuntarily defined under the research papers on emotionally safe scope of scientific discourse but it also simultaneously, and counter-intuitively, creates the potential for autonomy and resistance by mobilizing around these new identities.3 These arguments around how subjects can resist or defy dominant power are not thoroughly fleshed out by index Althusser, but are a major focus of later theorists, such as Ranciere. 4. Media and Interpellation. Research On Emotionally. Many theorists have taken Althusser’s notion of ideology and interpellation, shifted the focus away from the index state, and applied it to concentration thesis various kinds of media texts. Thesis Index. In this vein, cultural theorists such as Max Horkheimer and Theodor Adorno have argued that the homogeneity of mass media interpellate passive subjects who desire reoccurring tropes and predictable story lines which only serve to further stultify them (1979). 5 They are particularly sympathetic to those exploited in capitalist society, lamenting how “capitalist production so confines them, body and soul, that they fall helpless victim to what is offered them.” (Adorno and Horkheimer, 1979:8).

Yet the common people’s acquiesce to the culture industry only perpetuates their conditions, and Adorno and Horkheimer proceed to argue, “immovably, they insist on sayers the very ideology which enslaves them. Index. The misplaced love of the bible common people for the wrong which is done them is a greater force than the cunning of the authorities” (Adorno and Horkheimer, 1979:8). Like Althusser, Adorno and Horkheimer argue that the proletariat submit to ideologies that interpellate them as passive, and thus comply with their own domination. Similarly, David Gauntlett describes how “interpellation occurs when a person connects with a media text: when we enjoy a magazine or TV show, for example, this uncritical consumption means that the text has interpellated us into a certain set of thesis index, assumptions, and caused us to tacitly accept a particular approach to a conclusion for an essay the world.” (Gauntlett, 2002: 27). Thesis Index. Here, Gauntlett seems to echo Adorno and Horkheimer’s argument that media consumers unquestioningly accept a medium’s subject positioning of them as passive viewers. This structuralist framing will be countered by homewrok help later theorists who will argue for more agency for interpellated subjects. Furthering the discussion about the relationship between a medium and index, its audience, many film scholars have employed Althusser’s framework to investigate how spectators view a film. Lapsley and Westlake describe how in structuralist film criticism a film “as a pre-existing structure… interpellates the writing companies spectator, so constituting him/her as a subject” (Lapsley and Westlake, 1988: 12). In particular, feminist film theorists have especially appropriated notions of index, interpellation in their work.

Laura Mulvey describes how classical narrative cinema, as an (ideological) apparatus, positions viewers to identify with the male protagonist (Mulvey, 1975). A Nazi. University/College: University of California. Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter. Date: 18 October 2016. Let us write you a custom essay sample on index Althusser, Ideology and Interpellation. for homewrok help only $16.38 $13.9/page.

3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 267, Wilminton, DE 19808, USA.

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
Thesis Index - University of Oxford

For and thesis index, Against Essay - Studying Abroad. . FORAGAINST ESSAY – STUDYING ABROAD Nowadays many young people want to study abroad in more developed countries to companies in uk, get progressive education in renowned universities. Index! In these times it’s more possible and realistic than 10 years ago. Letter Concentration! There are a lot of projects and exchange students which are very useful and help young people find their life paths expanding their knowledge and experience. However, everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a closer look at that. Index! To start with, while studying abroad, the most obvious thing is dorothy essay, that students can improve their language skills.

There’s nothing better than practicing language by talking with native speakers. Index! Furthermore programs offer language classes at the intermediate or even advanced level. Secondly, students have opportunity to get knowledge about dorothy sayers work essay, other, completely foreign cultures, lifestyles, ways of thesis index thinking and dorothy sayers, dealing with other environment and a lot more. As a result, they can compare their culture with foreign one and think more globally. Living in other culture and understanding it, isn’t just learning experience, but also important personal gain. Next important thing is making new contacts and forming lasting connections. Apart from lecturers, academic directors and host families, students form a huge “network” of friends during they study abroad adventure. On the thesis index, other hand, studying abroad associated with lots of disadvantages. Firstly people need to pay their school fees and living. Words: 356 - Pages: 2. . Copenhagen Business School is my second choice for a study abroad partner university. Copenhagen Business School ranks as the world’s 1000 best business schools, and in 2011, ranked number three in the world.

Attending such a prestigious school will help to set me on my path towards my career goal of a nazi thesis being an index, international buyer. I would like to broaden my experience at an international level while fulfilling my professional and personal goals. My professional goals will be enhanced by i write essay enrolling in elective courses that are aligned with my interests such as: Business Development, Corporate Branding, Design Management, International Negotiations, and Managing Innovation. In addition, I am actively pursuing the SEER certificate that Pepperdine University offers, and luckily enough, Copenhagen Business School teaches a Corporate Social Responsibility elective. Copenhagen is known for leading the sustainability efforts in index, transportation, energy, waste management and other aspects of city development, which will help me pursue my passion of bringing an eco-friendly vibe to article writing, the corporate world. I am also an active member of the Net Impact club at Pepperdine University, which is also offered at Copenhagen Business School coincidentally. In addition, class sizes are no more than 50 people, which will enable me to be able to thesis index, bring my cultural perspectives to the table in order to writing in uk, participate in active discussions. Thesis Index! Denmark also has the fourth strongest economy in the world, and how do i write essay, in. Words: 567 - Pages: 3. Studying Abroad for Future Inspirations. . Studying Abroad For Future Inspirations Teenagers nowadays are trying to find short cuts or quick ways to get over with their academic programs in high school.

A lot of them seem to index, have no idea what they are about to do next; they just want to bible, be done with school so they can enjoy their time. However, they do not realize the fact that their education is actually a major part of thesis their life and finding their careers. Many teenagers tend to be clueless about their future and do not know their true talents or identities. It happens because teenagers love to try new things and go with the flow of letter from a nazi concentration their friends; they are confused with what they are really good at or interested in. When one has to be alone for a long time, he or she would have enough time to be able to thesis, identify his or her true identity; studying abroad is the solution. It is very difficult to see the whole picture for the new faces in other countries because they could not solve their problems on their own. This phenomenon usually occurs with the homewrok help, closed family culture. So, going overseas leads teenagers to improve their solving skills when they encounter obstacles. Thesis! The more difficulties they faced, the more they are able to handle in any situation. A French novelist, Marcel Proust, once stated that, “The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” Seeing the new side of the world brings juveniles to discover their new attitudes about the real life. More.

Words: 1199 - Pages: 5. . Scientific research has provided us with a number of ways to get the learning juices flowing, none of which involve paying money for good grades. And most smart teachers know this, even without scientific proof. 1. Fine-tune the challenge. We’re most motivated to learn when the task before us is matched to our level of skill: not so easy as to be boring, and research papers on emotionally safe, not so hard as to be frustrating. Deliberately fashion the learning exercise so that students are working at the very edge of your abilities, and keep upping the difficulty as they improve. 2. Start with the question, not the answer. Memorizing information is boring.

Discovering the solution to index, a puzzle is invigorating. Present material to be learned not as a fait accompli, but as a live question begging to be explored. 3. Encourage students to beat their personal best. Some learning tasks, like memorizing the dorothy essay, multiplication table or a list of names or facts, are simply not interesting in themselves. Generate motivation by encouraging students to compete against themselves: run through the material once to establish a baseline, then keep track of how much they improve (in speed, in accuracy) each time. 4. Connect abstract learning to concrete situations. Adopt the case-study method that has proven so effective for business, medical and law school students: apply abstract theories and thesis index, concepts to safe, a real-world scenario, using these formulations to analyze and make sense of situations involving real people. Words: 365 - Pages: 2. . Unarguably, education plays an extremely important role in one's life. It has become the top priority of parents nowadays to ensure their children get the education which is a necessity in the today’s society. Although most people have at thesis least finished their studies until secondary level, it is already becoming a social fact that a SPM level certificate is not sufficient to get a decent job neither is having a degree going to guarantee one a job. However, having a degree does make one much more preferable comparing to the former.

Coming to the subject of choosing a university, to study abroad or locally for tertiary education is now one of the hottest debates in dissertation, our country, notably among students and parents. The argument is always surrounded by preferences of choice because through pursuing a tertiary education prepares students for thesis index the workforce and essay, life. Studying abroad and locally offers many similarities and differences namely the study experience, qualification and education system. First and index, foremost, the homewrok help, study experience can be similar in thesis, some aspect and homewrok help, very different in other aspects especially for one who is in thesis index, a foreign land compared to i write a conclusion for an, one who is in home country in terms of culture shock, language barrier, cost of living and network building. One of the major concerns of thesis index those who are thinking of furthering their studies overseas will be the culture shock they will most likely be encountering. One may feel uneasy about the safe, surrounding as it is usually. Words: 582 - Pages: 3. . The Effect of Studying Abroad As the world has now become a worldwide center, the percentage of thesis students studying abroad has been increasing from year to year due to many possible reasons such as scholarships, financial ability, family immigrations, exchange programs, research programs, job requirements, internships, and so on. Studying abroad has become a direction since many students set their goals in order to work essay, get their internationally degrees and visualize their bright future. It is one of the thesis index, most important factors in everyone’s life. Article Companies! This opinion is index, dependable as the result of studying abroad could give international students chances to live in a diverse environment, learn new languages, meet new people from different backgrounds, cultural exchanges, travel, skill development, self-development, and letter a nazi concentration, enhance their future. First of all, international students have to live in thesis index, a diverse environment, which is really different from their home country that they have been living in since they were born.

It is really difficult for research on emotionally them to get use to that new environment. They have to thesis, learn and know the country’s language because they can not speak their own languages in article writing in uk, other country. Thus, their English or other languages skills will become better rapidly. Thesis Index! They will be more confident when they speak in papers on emotionally classrooms, a large group or in the public. In the thesis index, society today, many people are able to speak more than two languages with the facility of native speakers; in consequence of that. Words: 838 - Pages: 4. . After spending 10 days in Europe traveling to sayers essay, Paris and Barcelona the summer before my freshman year at the UW, I realized that living abroad and embracing another culture and system of values offered an insightful perspective about my own country. This newfound interest pushed me to learn more about the thesis, study abroad programs offered by the UW and take GEN ST 197 taught by Shannon Koller my freshman year. This class educated me on not only papers on emotionally safe classrooms, what the UW offers for study abroad programs, but also what I must do in order to have a successful and safe experience. I became interested in the UW’s exploration seminars and decided to thesis, participate in the Art London Exploration Seminar this past summer. London is a multi-cultural capital and an ideal place to experience other ways of life, giving me an open mind and respect for i write a conclusion different cultures. I was able to overcome the challenges of living in a foreign country and mature into an independent, flexible, and adaptable person.

Studying in Prague will allow me to thesis, mature and work, experience personal growth by being immersed in a new culture and index, independently taking on the challenges of living in a foreign country. My personal growth will be channeled through the variety of CHID and PolSci courses the program offers and also engage in intellectually stimulating international field trips. Although I will not be dealing with a language barrier in how do a conclusion, my classes, I will come across people of many ethnicities and index, customs throughout Prague and Central. Words: 763 - Pages: 4. . As the world becomes more and more globalized, an dissertation, individual who promotes a cooperative and collaborative atmosphere between people of various nations is imperative for global development. My desired future occupation is an thesis index, international marketer; I want to learn what it means to be a bridge or mediator between different parts of the world —specifically Hong Kong, the city with the fastest growing GDP and the focal point for international marketing in Asia. Homewrok Help! Furthermore, One of my goals is to become proficient in at thesis index least five languages, and thesis, I will accomplish this by continuing my studies in Chinese. Hong Kong is great place to learn Cantonese and thesis index, Mandarin, while still developing my English as well.

Exposure to from camp thesis, Chinese communities is the most effective way for language acquisition and thesis index, it will also help me learn about unique marketing tactics of the letter from a nazi, fastest-growing country in thesis index, Hong Kong University. I believe learning new languages will help me become a better international marketer, and therefore a better bridge between people of different countries. Besides academics, I want to live with my grandparents who immigrated to Hong Kong five years ago since I have not seen them since then. For this opportunity of study abroad, I can learn from their experience of Hong Kong’s cultures and visit famous places. Also, for a part-time job, I can help work in their restaurant. With my personal investment in international collaboration coupled with the unique exchange program, I will. Words: 290 - Pages: 2. . Papers Classrooms! Studying Abroad “One’s destination is never a place but a new way of seeing things.” Henry Miller.

This quote is an expression of my opinion about studying abroad. Index! I have dreamed about travelling to different country, studying there and meeting new people. I had an image about it in my mind that was full of nothing but excitement. In fact, studying abroad is a great chance to discover a new life and challenge myself to fit into it. Now after a year and half of studying in the United States I can say that it was one of my best decisions.

I am learning lots of things from article writing companies in uk it, not only about school subjects, but about myself and life. Studying abroad is an open door for discovery, maturity and thesis, acceptance. Studying abroad helped me discover the strong relationship between me and my family. Bible Dissertation! When I used to index, be with my family, I did not imagine how life is going to be away from them until I traveled to the US. I am now more aware of the value of being around my family, sharing stories at the end of the day or going into a conflict about silly things. Likewise, I understand the necessity of my mother's warm hug and sweet kisses every day. Also, as an i write for an, international student I am missing a lot of family events back in my home.

For instance, my only sister was pregnant a couple months ago. My mind was with her all the time, and each time she would not answer her phone I would think that something bad happened either to her or to the baby. Later on she. Words: 741 - Pages: 3. . When reading “Science of Memory-for studying and for life”, this made me think of different methods I use that are helpful to me when I need to study new material. The article talks about index, a process with 4 different steps organizing, encoding, rehearsing, and retrieving. I do not use all 4 but all could be helpful when learning. Organization is the dorothy essay, first step I use to memorize any new material. Thesis! Notes will not help anymore if they are poorly written on not well organized. You should arrange material so it’s easy for you to review and understand it. Experimenting with different organizational techniques will also help you find an approach that is helpful to you. Encoding is another helpful step of the process.

To help your memory process try to pay attention to one thing, do not split your attention with different issues. Talk about dorothy sayers work, key information that needs to be remembered. When you process the information think about thesis, it and truly process it, use mental pictures if possible to “double-encode” the information. Next is a nazi camp, rehearsing this is the step I mostly use. Some people find it helpful to index, rewrite notes as a form of a conclusion rehearsing. I personally take flash cards and put key information on them I’m not too sure about and study from them.

Study groups can also help people rehearse, just seeing how someone else interrupted the learning material. When reading the material ask yourself questions, “what did I just read”, “what does this mean”, also test yourself on the information. Words: 763 - Pages: 4. . Identity Paper 27 October 2014 First Generation American-Mexican I am a first generation American-Mexican, I was born and raised in Northern California; Santa Rosa, CA., it is about one-hour from San Francisco, California. Index! It is work essay, a place filled with various cultures from many different cultural background, customs, and traditions. The majority of individuals living Northern California are from thesis index Mexico as it borders the United States. While, growing up my school had a few American-Mexican: Chicano population, with the majority Caucasians and Asian. My school had few African-Americans.

As a youth, I sought to grow up and assimilate into the American culture while maintain my cultural identity. As my identity makes me who I am today, and someone I am not. As I grew older, I learned what made the United States different amongst other nations as it was the melting-pot of various cultures from all around the bible, world, in which made it unique from other countries. Furthermore, at Santa Rosa Junior College challenged my mentality to keep an open mind of others, in which I was blind, but each day at thesis school meeting new people, and engaging in conversation with individuals asking them, various questions of what they wanted to do, what was their major, and dorothy sayers work essay, what gave them passion to thesis, keep studying. A Nazi Camp Thesis! I had to readjust my ideals about higher education. Higher education has help me find my identity, through knowledge. As I hold on to my customs and traditions that my parents have. Words: 669 - Pages: 3. The Advantages of thesis Studying Abroad Far Outweigh the Disadvantages. . The advantages of research on emotionally safe classrooms studying abroad far outweigh the disadvantages.

Discuss In today’s world, a considerable number of students are not limited to study in their local countries. Instead, they choose to study abroad. This phenomenon becomes a trend especially in recent years. A variety of different attitudes have been come up with on thesis index, both sides of the question. It is in this background that this essay begins by companies outlining the arguments for students choose to study abroad and point to the problems with these views. Index! Afterwards, it will conclude with a summary of the main ideas canvassed. An important reason for students choose to study abroad is to improve their language skills. It is generally known that English is the official language in a large number of countries, in other words, English is a world language.

If people want to enter a global workforce, speaking English fluently is very important for themselves. Studying abroad gives them a chance to how do i write essay, practice their language skills. According to Lafford (2006), Study abroad has traditionally been assumed to be the best environments in which to acquire a second language. He argued that study abroad could help students to thesis, improve their target languages’ pronunciation, grammar and vocabularies through their usual life. Homewrok Help! Coincidentally, Freed (1995) pointed out that the thesis index, students who study abroad could improve their speaking skills and make their second language become more fluent. However, as Anastasia (2014) has indicated, the. Words: 1163 - Pages: 5. . The Effect of Studying Abroad The Effect of Studying Abroad As the world has now become a worldwide center, the percentage of students studying abroad has been increasing from year to year due to many possible reasons such as scholarships, financial ability, family immigrations, exchange programs, research programs, job requirements, internships, and homewrok help, so on. Studying abroad has become a direction since many students set their goals in order to get their internationally degrees and visualize their bright future.

It is thesis, one of the most important factors in everyone’s life. This opinion is dependable as the result of a nazi camp studying abroad could give international students chances to live in a diverse environment, learn new languages, meet new people from different backgrounds, cultural exchanges, travel, skill development, self-development, and enhance their future. First of all, international students have to live in a diverse environment, which is thesis, really different from research papers classrooms their home country that they have been living in since they were born. It is really difficult for them to get use to that new environment. They have to learn and know the country’s language because they can not speak their own languages in other country. Thus, their English or other languages skills will become better rapidly. They will be more confident when they speak in a large group or in the public. In the society today, many people are able to speak more than two languages with the facility of native. Words: 322 - Pages: 2. . Thesis Index! The situation with TV nowadays is rather controversial, and writing this essay actually required quite a lot of effort to make up my clumsy thoughts. Even though many people claim that TV might follow the footsteps of, for example, VHS-cassettes, no one can deny the pleasure of research safe watching films in full HD, and other possibilities, that are kindly offered by the brand new smart-TV's.

Like the majority of index teenagers I don't watch TV often and its not surprising at all, if we mention Internet. Letter From A Nazi Camp! However I still cannot dodge it completely throughout my daily routine, and therefore, I can think of some reasons why to spend your time in front of TV screen, and why not. Thesis Index! The first and foremost advantage of TV for me is its perfect ability to research on emotionally, run in the background. I bet a lot of people can confess in doing the same thing - just casually switching the TV on, and heading to thesis, do some other stuff. This gets especially effective if the TV is in the kitchen. Homewrok Help! It becomes the main source of news and current events for me, unlike Internet, where I always end up forgetting about index, everything the moment I enter social networks. Secondly, TV shows entertain people when they are tired or lazy to letter from concentration thesis, go out. Index! Most of the dorothy work, youth like TV channels like MTV because of great variety of music clips and others entertaining shows, and I'm not an exception. Finally, I can't but mention a vast amount of educational programs available, particularly on Discovery and National Geographic channels, which can educate and. Words: 506 - Pages: 3. Benefits and Requirements of Studying Abroad for thesis index Chinese Students.

. Essay Topic: Benefits and requirements of studying abroad for Chinese students Course title: Academic English The teacher’s name; Klaus Institute: International economic and trade Professional class: International investment and settlement Number: 0141098 Name: Jiang Xinxiu Time: 2016.6.8 As China’s reform and opening up, Chinese people is more and bible, more keen to index, go abroad, no matter go for travelling or go for studying. Almost every Chinese parents hope to send their children to go abroad for studying in the conditions allow. But what is the benefits and requirements of studying abroad for Chinese student? Now I will give you some views. Nowadays, there are servals ways of go abroad for college studying as follows: to on emotionally, read foreign high school in advance then apply for undergraduate in local; through agents abroad read preparatory language and then apply for the university; by taking the college entrance examination, such as the thesis index, UK a-level in the college entrance examination, the research papers on emotionally safe classrooms, college entrance examination SAT, ACT, such as directly accessing foreign universities of thesis index undergraduate admissions. The way go abroad for a conclusion essay studying is various, even make people dazzling, but it only for one purpose: study abroad.

Studying abroad has a variety of majors for choosing This point of the benefits of studying abroad has two meanings: the first one is.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -

Download a Resume Template That Employers Will Love. Are your Resume and thesis index online job search profiles not yielding you the results you need to find gainful employment and finally afford to pay your bills? No doubt about it; it’s tougher to find a job now than it’s been in decades. That doesn’t mean, however, that you can’t give yourself every fighting chance of snagging the next available job. While there is plenty to be said for effective interviewee skills, the absolute most important step for getting hired is writing a winning Curriculum Vitae. Without a highly attractive C.V, you’re just one of dozens or more applicants that begin to blend together after a while.

You want your most relevant skills and experience to jump off the homewrok help page and grab the attention of the person responsible for thesis index reviewing the group of homewrok help, CVs in which yours is stacked or filed online. Direct access to resume templates advices. 1. Choose your favorite Curriculum Vitae. 2. Download selected resumes on index, your desktop. No front page content has been created yet. How To Write a Winning Curriculum Vitae. Understand What Makes a Great Resume. Many job applicants are under a misconception that a great Curriculum Vitae means fluffing up terms, adding lots of jobs and experience, listing as many skills as possible, and engaging in research papers safe classrooms other overkill tactics.

Excessive and index irrelevant information only how do i write a conclusion essay clutters the page and makes it more difficult to find the skills and information for thesis index which your prospective employer is searching. The best resumes are those that are concise and specific to the job being sought. As such, a separate resume should be used for each job if the required skills, education, and experience are different. At the end of this article, we will review a few time saving tips building each specific Curriculum Vitae. First, though, let’s take a look at how to write a winning CV. Review All Job Description Material and on emotionally safe More (If Necessary)

While some employers seem to be in thesis the habit of posting as little information as possible, others provide a great deal of valuable information relevant to not only the skills, experience, and education of a desired employee, but also the description, expectations, and demands of the job itself. Acquire as much information as you can about the position. Homewrok Help. If the employer provided you with pages and pages of index, descriptions, read them before building your resume. If the employer posted minimal information about the article companies job, you may find information by reviewing the website or even calling and asking for details. The more you know about your prospective employers, the more power you have to show them a picture-perfect employee on thesis index, paper. If you read terms you don’t really understand, see requirements for education levels you haven’t reached, or find any other indication that you’re not a good candidate for the job; don’t waste your time applying. Also, understand that it may be very difficult to find a job that matches your education or the bulk of your experience. I Write A Conclusion For An. You may have to begin at an entry level position in thesis a company that seeks supervisory and upper management applicants from within. If this is the case, be extremely careful about divulging the extent of your education, experience, and salary history as you may be viewed as ‘overqualified’. Article. However insulting or degrading it may feel, the reality is that at some point you just have to accept that options are limited and be willing to ‘dumb it down’ a bit to secure employment.

Just think, though: In the next few months after you’re hired, you’ll have a chance to excel beyond expectation and thesis index increase your odds of recognition and concentration camp thesis promotion. Use Only Relevant Terms, Skills, and Experience. If you feel the need to add more information to your curriculum vitae than what’s absolutely relevant, make sure that the index most compelling details are on the first page and that it’s not crowded with words. In addition to your contact information, you should have: Relevant skills, relevant experience, and relevant education. If you have multiple jobs dating back for a number of years, try to list only the most relevant jobs within the homewrok help past 5-7 years on the first page and either make a note that a more extensive job history is available upon request or attach a separate sheet with a complete history in case the reviewer is so inclined to read it. Whatever you do, DO NOT let a full page of index, outdated and homewrok help irrelevant details take away from the razzle and dazzle of the thesis index first page of your resume. Remember that your developed skills are more important than your experience. Yes, you need experience to demonstrate the fact that you’ve had time to hone those skills, but employers need to know the capabilities you have that are relevant to the job for which you’re applying. The Verbiage of Your Curriculum Vitae.

You want your C.V to sound professional, but it doesn’t have to sound like it came out of the Oxford Dictionary. Remember, it’s not as though you’re writing a dissertation; you’re listing bits and pieces of concise and dorothy sayers work essay relevant information to present a snapshot of what you have to offer. Refer to the job description and other material posted by index your prospective employers. If they used industry-specific jargon, use the same jargon wherever applicable. Review their posted list of required skills and job duties and use it as a guide for listing all of your valid and applicable skills and homewrok help job duties with previous employers. If you have additional skills or job skills than are not posted on the job description by your prospective employer, consider leaving them out. If you feel you must include them somewhere, follow the same rule as job history: Keep them off the first page.

Instead, attach them at the top of the index page containing your extensive job history. You have 2 primary goals for your curriculum vitae: Make it easy to research safe classrooms read and make every word count. In order to accomplish this, you need to use a font of at index least 10-12 and make each section of your document stand out from the next by staggering blocks of information that take up different levels of horizontal space. For example, you may place your name, physical address, phone number, and email address at dorothy work essay the top in the center. Index. For contrast, you would place a sentence outlining your objective; perhaps something like: To obtain consistent and long term employment with a company in which my skills and talents will be utilized and appreciated. Because that sentence will take the entire width of the page, your next sections should be small and centered. Dissertation. This would be a great place to list your skills. Thesis Index. If you place your employment in homewrok help the next section, that would be a great contrast to index your skills. Make a table with 2 columns and a few rows (just enough for your most relevant jobs).

Add your title, previous employers, and their contact information in the left column and your job duties on the right. Finally, underneath your employment history, enter your education information centered on the page. Employers may or may not be interested in speaking with your personal references. Article Writing Companies. If there is any reason why your prospective employers shouldn’t speak with your previous supervisors, try to avoid putting their contact information on your Curriculum Vitae. Otherwise, there should be plenty of professional references in your format for them to review.

You can post a sentence on thesis index, the bottom of your Curriculum Vitae either inviting your potential employer to call contacts from your employment history and/or letting him/her know that you have a list of personal references available if requested. If you have room on the page after leaving plenty of space in between each section, increase the font size of your name. If you have adequate or advanced linguistic skills, consider writing a short cover letter (3-5 small to how do i write for an moderate paragraphs) introducing yourself and outlining your skills, dedication, ambition, work ethic, and any other relevant piece of information that increases your appeal to an employer but may not have a proper place on your Curriculum Vitae. Cover letters are easy to disregard if an employer isn’t interested, and they can help to set you aside from other applicants if there is an interest in learning more about thesis index, you by bible reading your cover letter. You can either use the thesis outline provided in this article or you can create your own curriculum vitae outline containing your name, contact information, and the basic sections you will need to fill out per application. Save the outline and consistent information in a master file, and once you’ve finished preparing a Curriculum Vitae for a job, choose ‘Save as’ and create a specific name for it. To find your Curriculum Vitae more quickly and conveniently, consider using the same name and changing only the last word. For example, you may save your resume as ‘MyResumeCompany.doc’. Replace the word ‘Company’ with each different place to which you submit your curriculum.

How to article writing companies Write a Great Cover Letter. Landing a job is thesis index, undoubtedly difficult in today’s economy. Homewrok Help. Writing a great cover letter is thesis, probably the most important step you can towards landing the job of their dreams. Why is writing a cover letter so important? It is the first thing a potential employer sees, and it will dictate whether or not the employer even looks at your resume. Article Companies In Uk. Even the most polished, professional resume doesn’t stand a chance against thesis index, a poorly written cover letter.

How do you write a cover letter that not only a potential employer to read your resume, but also gets you invited for an interview? Writing a winning cover letter is not difficult if you follow a few simple steps: Just like an employer won’t look at a resume that’s attached to a poorly written cover letter, the from camp employer won’t even bother to thesis index read the cover letter if it’s a messy jumble of text. A Conclusion For An Essay. To create a professional-looking cover letter, be sure to use plenty of white space. You should have, at a minimum, one inch margins and index double spaces between paragraphs. Follow the guidelines for writing a basic business letter and dorothy sayers work be sure to include a simple, text-only letterhead. Your letterhead should be the thesis same letterhead that appears on your resume.

This is your one and only chance to name drop, so take advantage of it. Potential employers want to i write for an know how you heard about the position. You should also identify the specific position that you are seeking, and state that you are applying for this position. Yes, it’s obvious, but cover letters follow a long-established pattern, and this isn’t the thesis time to be a rebel. Finally, set the tone for the rest of the letter, and briefly state what you will be discussing.. If you have more than a few years of in uk, experience in the field to which you are applying, your professional experience should be presented before your educational experience. First, write a topic sentence that presents one unified idea. If you’ve held several jobs in this career, find the one aspect that these jobs have in common that will most impress your potential employer. You also need to link this paragraph to your educational experience. Similar to index your employment paragraph, you need to develop one unified idea rather than simply presenting a list of all the schools you’ve attended and courses you’ve taken.

Determine which aspect of your education is most important to the position you’re applying for and present it here. A fourth and sayers work even fifth paragraph may be added if you need to present additional relevant information. Just remember to develop one idea per paragraph, and to keep the entire letter under one page. This is your opportunity to tie everything together, leading the reader to invite you to an interview. You need to index reference your resume and any other included attachments. Homewrok Help. In addition, you need to politely, yet confidently state that you wish to be invited to thesis an interview. Finally, state the easiest way for the employer to reach you, referring to the phone number and e-mail address in dissertation your letterhead. For important documents like cover letters, you need to go beyond your computer’s spell check and grammar check.

Place the cover letter aside for thesis index a few hours, or overnight if possible, and look at it with fresh eyes. You might find errors that you didn’t see previously. As a final step, ask someone, who you trust will do a decent job, to proofread your cover letter. Now, you have a well-written cover letter that will hopefully lead a potential employer to read your resume and ultimately invite you to an interview. The rest is up to you! How to prepare for a winning job interview. In a competitive market for on emotionally safe available jobs, potential candidates should put in the necessary time and effort to thesis index make a solid impact.

You must simply accept that it’s a buyer’s market, the buyer, in this case is the organization. Your first job as the i write seller is to sell yourself. You need to stand out thesis, from the other candidates like a house with a shiny red door in a cookie-cutter neighborhood. Assume your resume and cover letter is in a pile on a desk with plenty of companies, others, therefore you must find a way to rise to index the top. You need to put yourself in a stronger position, instead of you trying to chasing the writing in uk job, make them convince you to take it. Your mindset dictates the demeanor you portray. Thesis Index. If you seem too desperate, you don’t make it to the next step, however, too arrogant and papers on emotionally classrooms doors will close.

You have to put yourself in the shoes of the interviewer and determine your moves every step of the thesis index way. Spend about five hours preparing for each hour of interview, you want to investigate how you can deliver value to the organization. By researching and probing how you can make an impact in the position, you are going beyond the canned responses of homewrok help, most candidates. Your resume should announce that you are qualified for the position. After the interview, you want to index leave the impression that you can start the dissertation job tomorrow. Thesis. You want to contact somebody who does the same job at bible the organization or similar enterprise and thesis ask several questions. It’s a must that you discover the current challenges for the position within the bible dissertation organization and the industry as a whole. The next step is succeed where so many candidates fall short, you want to index show initiative by suggesting ideas for sayers the position. Hiring managers have so many job functions to perform, by thesis proving that you not only did research concerning the position, but proposed suggestions, you show tremendous potential. You would be surprised how those that have been performing the job for years have not expressed such aptitude. Be prepared to bible dissertation go beyond lip service, you want to thesis demonstrate the homework you have done.

Reaching out to a current employee performing the same job function puts you over the top. Don’t be shy or feel like you are intruding. I Write A Conclusion For An Essay. Many employees have innovative ideas about how to perform their jobs better, tap into that information for free and then add your own spin. Thesis. Use the power of imagination to stand out how do essay, from the crowd, everybody else is going to thesis index be following the article companies in uk same job interview tips that get recycled over the web. If you want to make a lasting impression, you must put in the sweat and effort. Index. Find someone who you can practice with until it comes out natural. Landing an from a nazi camp, offer in a tough economy requires considerable effort. If you can demonstrate you can make an thesis, impact in homewrok help your interview, your name will rise to the top of the pack. Copyright Curriculum-Vitae.In 2013 - Contact : webmaster curriculum-vitae.in.

All the Curriculum Vitae templates are at thesis your disposal without any guaranty. The use of these Curriculum samples is at your sole risk.